Thursday, June 3, 2010

Page 142 solution

Why doesn't he take a cue from my book on Proactive People Protection where I address the problem of inadequate manpower and resources stretched too thinly. Even in my presentation as part of the PM 's micromission on community policing I asserted that it will act as a force multiplier. To quote from page 142 of my book,'
" Seeing the work of the FOPs in Trichy, a senior IAS Officer (of Rajasthan cadre) told me," With the concept of FOP one can revolutionize the way the country and the world is policed." When I asked him how, he replied, " You can increase the strength of a police station from 30 to 40 or from 70 to 100, you can't increase it to 250 or 500, which can be easily achieved with the help of FOP." To further substantiate his view one Sub-Inspectorm, Jagadeswaran, whom I had mentored as an FOP trainee, raised a virtual army of more than 20,000 FOPs in the district of Villipuram. "
I had presented a copy of my book to him, the cost effective solution is staring him in the face on page 142- but are misguided seniors' counsel who do not want to adopt the idea since it is not theirs having a blinding effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment